might require you to use ExamGuard to take your exams.
ExamGuard is a customized browser that provides an extra secure
environment for online test-taking. Remember, you only
need to download the ExamGuard software if your instructor requires it.
If you are not sure, ask your instructor.
When you take an exam
using ExamGuard you will not
be able to:
- Copy and paste
Go to another URL or Web site
- Minimize the browser window
- Use menu options, control keys, or task switching
- Use right-click options
- Start new applications
- Return to a previous page
Before downloading ExamGuard, ask your instructor whether ExamGuard is configured to run on Respondus or QuestionMark for your course.
Facts to know:
- You must download the ExamGuard software before you can access your
exam. We recommend downloading the software well before the date and time
of your exam so that you are all ready to go when the exam time comes
- The ExamGuard browser locks your browser window. This means you will not have access to any programs or applications
you have running when you start your exam. For example, if you are listening
to audio when you start ExamGuard, you will not be able to access your
audio player until you finish your exam or close the ExamGuard browser.
In this case, your audio files will continue to play until you submit
your exam and return to normal browser settings.
To download ExamGuard:
ExamGuard is powered by Respondus . Please confirm with your instructor that your system is configured to use ExamGuard before downloading.
- Go to thte sart page of your exam.
- After you install ExamGuard, close your browser window.
- Open a new browser window and login again to your course to ensure ExamGuard is recognized by your system.
- To verify you have ExamGuard installed correctly and
to experience the secure browser before you actually take
your exam, click the Student Orientation Course link located on your
Personal Homepage and find a unit with ExamGuard to take a practice exam using ExamGuard.
- You only need to download ExamGuard one
time. If you have multiple exams or more than one online class that requires
you to use ExamGuard, you only need to install the software once. If you are accessing your course on more than one computer, you will
need to download ExamGuard to the other computers as well.
- If you downloaded ExamGuard but are having trouble
launching the browser, you might need to delete your temporary Internet files. To do this,
click the Tools button in your browser, then select Internet
Options. From the General tab, click Delete
Files under Internet Options. These settings may differ by browser and version.